Update – 28th September 2009
This post has now been filled, subject to references.
Fruit & Veg Scheme Co-ordinator
Salary Scale: Scale 3 Point 17 £16,614 pro rata
Hours: 10 per week
Travel Expenses: 40p per mile
Responsible to: Health Trainer Co-ordinator
Contract: 6 months
Main Purpose of Job
An enthusiastic, organised and reliable person to co-ordinate a newly established fruit and vegetable scheme, as part of the Health Trainer Service.
- To co-ordinate and expand existing vegetable box scheme.
- To Co-ordinate a team of volunteers in conjunction with the Health Trainer Co-ordinator.
- To be responsible for the weekly ordering of fruit, salad and vegetables.
- To collect and process orders.
- To collect money and keep financial records.
- To oversee the delivery of vegetable boxes to pick up points, and liaise with volunteers regarding collection.
- To engage in associated activities e.g. recipe cards, Christmas savings scheme, family learning events and garden projects.
- To assist in the promotion of the scheme.