Updated and re-posted
Do you know any amazing young volunteers? vinspired believe in giving young volunteers the recognition they deserve. Last year they developed 10 new national awards and held a ceremony at the Indigo O2 to recognise exceptional individuals who made a big difference to other people. The awards were so successful that this year they’re doing it all again!
Based on input from young people vinspired have updated their awards and now have 8 awards categories for 2010:
- The Fresh Award for best new volunteer;
- The Spirit Award for the all round commitment to volunteering;
- The Connect Award to recognize innovative and effective efforts to bring communities together;
- The Legend Award for outstanding leadership;
- The Shout Award for campaigning;
- The Triumph Award for overcoming personal adversity or enabling a community to rise above a challenging circumstance;
- The Unite Award for team activity; and
- The Energy Award for outstanding contribution to youth volunteering.
By nominating someone for a vinspired National Award, you will be giving a special someone the chance to become a regional or national winner and attend this year’s national awards ceremony.
For more information and to find out how you can nominate a young person for one of the awards visit the vinspired website.