What does the Volunteer Centre provide?
- It recruits and places anyone interested in volunteering.
- It supports organisations that work with volunteers.
Who can use the service?
- Anyone who is interested in volunteering.
- Organisations who work or would like to work with volunteers.
What is volunteering?
Volunteering is anything you do that helps other people or the general community beyond your own family, so long as you do it because you choose to, and not for financial gain. Volunteers make an essential contribution to all aspects of community life.
There are many good reasons to volunteer – the most important one is because you want to. You may want to:
- To make a difference
- To develop or learn new skills
- To gain new experience
- To meet a new challenge
- To explore new ideas and areas of life
- To help someone
- To make new friends
- To keep busy
- For fun!!!!!!
Who can Volunteer?
Anyone! – Volunteers come in all shapes and sizes, from all backgrounds and from all age groups. Everyone has something to offer.
What can I do?
Volunteers can do almost anything! You could work with:
- Older people
- Younger people
- People with disabilities
- People with health problems
- People who need a friend
- In the environment
- On a committee or as a trustee
- In a museum, theatre, or with an organisation like the National Trust
- In a charity shop
And you can use or develop skills in:
- Arts and Crafts
…………..and more besides!
When does it run?
Opening times are Monday to Friday 9:00am – 2:30pm. Confidential interviews are held on a one-to-one basis. Individual appointments will be arranged.
How much will it cost?
Nothing, all Volunteer Centre services are free.
How much time must I give?
It’s up to you –
- An hour or so every now and again
- A few hours regularly each week
- One weekend a month
- Full time
- Day or night
You can volunteer to suit you.
Dave Thomas, Volunteer Centre Manager, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Richard House, Unique Care Befriending Project Co-ordinator, Email: email@example.com
Chris Wagstaff, Administration Co-ordinator Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 01283 219761